26. mar. 2015

The Elbe Rope Belt by Isabel Marant


I've never been a big fan of the 70ties and will never dress in a complete look from that period but while doing my daily blog perusing I noticed an editorial in this months Swedish Elle on the blog Keep it Chic (it's a great daily dose of inspiration by Preston Davis) where the rope belt was featured and styled in every shot. I could've gone to the local home depot and bought rope by the yard but instead I opted for the Elbe Rope Belt by Isabel Marant (and matchesfashion.com did a superb job with the packaging.)



When I tried it on I thought it was too short (I bought the medium length) and that it looked stupid on me. But after playing around with it and tying it in different ways it started to grow on me (haha!) and I realized the chicness comes from a cinched waist or having it tied loosely around the hips without the rope flopping on the legs. I also like the look on the model (from the S/S 2015 runway) where it's used to cinch an oversized jacket. 



I am seriously trying to buy less but better items and keeping things to a minimum. I mean, I always end up wearing the same jeans over and over again anyway, so why have 5 pairs when 3 good ones are more than plenty?



I've been doing a little spring shopping and will share more soon. Net-a-Porter paid me a visit Tuesday and I was excited to get the package. I will share the contents later but it has something to do with two ladies called Rachel and Floriana... ;-)

1 kommentar: