28. mar. 2015

Happy Girl Happy Bag



Last year, around this time actually, I purchased a Mansur Gavriel tote in Cammello/Orange which you can see here (earlier I'd also purchased their clutch which is great for city errands) I contemplated getting the bucket bag and was on Net-a-Porter's wait list but decided last minute to opt out.  

I know the bucket bag has become the IT-bag and last week I witnessed the agony and anger of thousands of girls around the world who unsuccessfully tried ordering from Mansur Gavriel when they announced their relaunch. It turned out a disaster and in the end bags were snatched right out of one's online shopping cart. After that experience I promised myself never to stand "in line" for anything again. 



I don't blame Mansur Gavriel - they're a small team trying to keep up and all bags are handmade in a little family owned factory in Italy. But I guess the business is tough - once you're on a pedestal it's too easy to fall down - especially when someone else have put you there. 

I wrote Net-a-Porter the next day asking to be put on their wait list. I expected the wait would be a few months. This was Friday and the next morning I got a message that a bag was reserved for me - the regular sized black/flamma bucket bag. Imagine my surprise!!  Tuesday the package arrived in the most beautiful wrapping (some of you might be familiar with their black box but I wasn't) and I once again became a "happy girl, happy bag." 



I have to say the bag is exquisite in it's simplicity and sculptural shape. It's made of cow leather and smells so good. There's a detachable pouch inside just like the tote and the regular size is perfect for me and my height. I wouldn't want it smaller because it's nice to have room for extra stuff.  

Anyway, no matter how IT the bag has become I really love it and for Scandinavia where the style is minimalistic and simple it is absolutely perfect



2 kommentarer:

  1. Tillykke, tillykke!
    Det var da et held.
    Jeg har solgt rygsækken og ved ikke om bucketen skal samme vej, den er lysebrun og så smuk så smuk, at jeg aldrig tror jeg nænner at bruge den.
    Jagter den lille trio, skal til cannes i april og det er jo et sus at gå ind til Celine og købe den, er bare nervøs for hvilke farver de har.
    Endnu engang tillykke!
    God weekend

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Årh, Birthe, jeg synes virkelig du skal beholde den og bruge den. Det er jo derfor den er lavet - jeg vil jo bruge min :-) Men nogen gange er det også hyggeligt at samle på ting, det kender jeg fra mig selv, og bare nyde synet af dem. Fortæl hvordan det går i Celine og ha' en fantastisk tur til Cannes. Har fundet ud af, at min pensionskasse har lejligheder i Nice.... det bør jeg vel benytte mig af på et tidspunkt :-)
      Mange knus - håber vi snart ses :-)

      Slet