25. feb. 2015

My Day with the Arts!

On my way to the art museum I ran into these guys.... only in Copenhagen :-)
As I've mentioned I've started taking Art Classes at Open University and I have to say it's really interesting. I'm familiar with the different periods but it helps a lot to look into what exactly made the artists tick and the cultural and political history at the time. I've discovered what kind of art and architecture I really like (I am crazy about Renaissance architecture) and what kind of art that doesn't speak to me at all. Now it doesn't feel so strange to talk about Caravaggio, Velazques, Goya or Kandinsky. And also, there is more to impressionism than Monet, just so you know ;-)

The fact that I am no expert was clearly illustrated today when I decided to visit two museums in Copenhagen: The Hirschsprung Collection (a beautiful private collection boasting Danish art by Krøyer, Eckersberg, Ancher etc.) and afterwards the Danish National Gallery (although at that time my mind circled around a Lemon Marenge from Petits Plats more than art...) 

While walking around the National Gallery I tried to make sense of the periods - which I couldn't, of course, and I thought it too bad that there were no Renaissance art around because I figured I was in the right area.... When I left the gallery the information on the wall started that the entire area was nothing but renaissance!!! :-) So I guess I can say that it all seems so easy when you have a professor telling you things than when you start doing the walks around alone, ha ha - or maybe it was that Lemon Marenge... it probably was ;-)

Anyway, my day was lovely and here's snippets of what I saw:


Hirschsprung's Collection
C.W. Eckersberg
Danish National Gallery

Frederik Vermehren: A Jutland Shepard on the Moors, 1855

Body and Art 

Friday I am off to get that Lemon Marenge! :-)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar