22. aug. 2014

Louisiana Literature Festival 2014


I just returned from the Louisiana Literature Festival which is being held every year in August.  I heard a very strong and heart warming interview and reading by Norwegian author Herbjørg Wassmo (she said "thank God for birth control and student loans") as she is a strong advocate for women being independent both emotionally and financially (by emotionally she means that women shouldn't' be submissive.)

Afterwards I heard a reading by Danish author Josephine Klougart but I simply had to leave after 5 minutes. I find monotone reading really boring and the story didn't catch me at all and I honestly feel she is trying too hard to sound deep. I ended the day hearing a interview with Michael Ondjaatje who, as we all know, wrote The English Patient

At the same time Danish artist (born to Islandic parents) Olafur Eliasson is exhibiting Riverbed. I am very excited about this and caught a glimpse of it as seen on the picture below (not of the actual exhibit but of his models) - wow! I can't wait but is saving that adventure and the beautiful flower paintings by Emil Nolde to a day when it's less crowded.


Olafur Eliasson: Riverbed

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar