18. aug. 2014

Camille Henrot: The Pale Fox


A last minute tip from my art knowledgable neighbour prompted me to visit "Charlottenborg Exhibit Hall" to see this extraordinary and very blue exhibit by French artist Camille Henrot. I am, as I've written before, no art expert but I love immersing myself in worlds removed from my world or the world as we see it. This exhibit springs from Henrot's interest in how collections are created and how knowledge is arranged and systematized. 

Camille Henrot works with drawing, sculpture, photography and film and these elements are all present in the two related works: The Pale Fox (2014) and the 12 minute film Grosse Fatigue (2013) for which she was awarded the prestigious Silver Lion at the Venice Biennial the same year. Both projects were featured alongside each other and for a while I found myself completely lost in another universe not sensing time or place. Wow!!!


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar