17. jul. 2014

Biking Around the Island of Hven

Arriving on the ferry "Jeppe"
I must be going through some crazy nature phase (or maybe it's just called "summer livin') because today I once again ventured out into mother nature. This time I grabbed my bike and boarded a ferry named "Jeppe" and sailed to the Swedish island of Hven located about 1,5 hours from Copenhagen. 

I dare to say that I have never seen so much beautiful landscape crammed into so few square kilometers and what stayed with me after I left the island were the many different shades of blue mixed with greens and yellowish hues from fields bursting to be harvested. Also, to be able to bike in such beauty without getting a flat tire made this day pretty close to perfect... 

You can either bring your own bike, like I did, or rent bikes on the island. They are all yellow and it's fun to spot them all over the place. You have about 5 hours on Hven before "Jeppe" departs for Copenhagen but that leaves plenty of time to explore the island and its surroundings, have a nice leisurely lunch (I had fresh mackerel and potato salad from "Fiskeboden" on "Kyrkbacken's harbour) and even take a swim without feeling rushed. There is also a nice camping site if you feel like staying for a few days. 

It's evening now in Copenhagen and while writing this I still feel kisses from the wind on my face.


Kyrkbacken's Harbour

1 kommentar: