11. jul. 2014

A Few Summer Favourites

Have you ever looked around and instinctively known what purchases are spot-on favourites - and what purchases were made in a spur of the moment craze and now just lie around unused because as pretty as they may look they aren't essentially you?? Well, I have but here's a few summer favourites which I continue to use and love. I guess these items also pretty much sums up my personality.


My Isabel Marant jacket which I bought last year from Net-A-Porter is a constant favourite and I wear it with jeans, skirts and dresses. Whenever in doubt this little jacket goes with everything and is relaxed and classy with flats and formal and stylish with heels. Living in Scandinavia the weather changes constantly so I wear this all year round. 
I love bags - they're my vice and it all began with Kate Spade back in the days. Mansur Gavriel is my favourite go-to bag and I love the minimalistic design and classy look and something free of logos. This is a perfect summer bag and a bag you buy for yourself - not to show off. It has an orange interior which adds humor. Their bucket bag is next on my list, for sure. 
Since I had laser surgery a few years back (yes, I was blind as a bat) sunglasses have become a necessity more than a fashion item and the cat-eye shape works well for me. Christian Dior has the best fit, in my opinion, but these from Céline are right up there and I love them as they remind me of the golden Hollywood days with a twist of fun and sophistication.   
It's funny because I am so not a sneakers person preferring ballet flats as my regular footwear. Probably because I enjoy walking and Copenhagen is great for that. But I needed practical footwear for running errands and I love these. Everyone sports them in Cph. so for me to pick them weren't original but they are super comfortable and look lighter and chicer than other sneakers I've seen around.  
I just had these framed and hung them up Tuesday - I've lived here on Christianshavn for almost a year and is still looking for the right things to adorn my walls. But these photos of a very young Marilyn Monroe by André de Dienes are among my favourites. I get to enjoy them a lot since we're still enjoying the light Nordic evenings well into 22:00 (10 pm.)
I have been a fan of Mr. Allen all my life and had the pleasure of meeting him once (I grabbed his arm, he had no choice but to speak to me - and he did and is every bit the gentleman and also quite shy) and although I am familiar with snippets of his prose and his stand-up sketches I've never read this book but it's now on my summer reading list. He makes me laugh so much.

What are your summer favourites or go-to pieces?

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar