22. mar. 2014

Mansur Gavriel

This post is long overdue because everybody is talking about Mansur Gavriel. Personally, I blame Garance Doré and my love for bags which is a serious vice of mine. I'm very picky and admittedly a snob when it comes to my handbag portfolio and this is a bag of understated luxury that I'm excited to add to my rotation.

This little project actually began a year ago when I e-mailed Rachel and Floriana and curiously asked about these bags of theirs... I thought I was communicating with a huge PR-department when I realized that I was e-mailing/chatting with Rachel herself. I know many of their customers have had this pleasure.

So in the Fall I ordered their large black/ballerina clutch while still deciding if these bags really were for me...


And of course they were... The bucket bag in black/flamma is probably their most popular and will be a classic piece but when I realized that the colour combination of cammello/orange would be available as a small tote I was sold. This combination is part of their Spring line and limited so thus began a beautiful friendship between Ryan, the sales guy from Jenni Kayne in West Hollywood, and me. I quickly got on the reservation list in November (I even had the pleasure of chatting with Ryan on the phone which was a real pleasure), the bag got made in Italy, shipped back to the US and then it arrived here in Copenhagen a little more than a week ago. What's really crazy about this is that the bags are completely sold out - even before they hit the stores.

I guess the question really is what the hype is about (it's hailed as the new it-bag) For me it's about what I love the most; understated chic and that they are free of logos and hardware (for a change) Made of Italian vegetable leather the bags have a clean, minimal aesthetic that is cleverly complemented by a brightly coloured interior coating. The small scale artisanal production approach (small family owned company in Italy) also really appeals to me. 

While the design is quite structured, the leather is soft and light and every bag comes with a detachable strap wallet. 

Not only have I experienced amazing customer which speaks to me on a personal level but the whole story and idea behind these creations (how Rachel from the US and Floriana from Germany randomly met at a concert, decided to embark on this creative adventure together etc.) makes me cherish mine even more and I'm excited to start using it.  






2 kommentarer:

  1. Nøøøøøj, hvor er du bare heldig Marianne. Din nye taske er bare så fin! Mansur Gavriel laver virkelig de fineste tasker blottet for smagløs bling og har du set mig, jeg er en it-bag!! Jeg tør vædde med, at den med tiden vil få en virkelig smuk patina.

    SvarSlet
  2. Ja, det tror jeg også. Jeg venter bare på vejret bliver lidt mere forårsagtigt inden jeg tager den i brug :-) Jeg plejer altid at smide min madpakke i tasken om morgenen (når jeg ikke køber i kantinen), så den får sikkert også æren af at fragte frikadelle- og pølsemadder, he he.

    SvarSlet