13. feb. 2014

The Lady with a Napkin on Her Head

Today I visited the National Gallery (Statens Museum for Kunst) and was once again pleasantly surprised - which I seem to be with all museums these days. I am by all means not an art expert but I am very visual and love galleries and museums. Thus a visit to these places are never a waste of time for me. My favourite parts were not the sections of modern art - although a few things caught my eye - but the European Art section 1300-1800 and the Danish and Nordic Art section 1750-1900. There's also a small French section with art by Matisse and others.

The painting in the last picture especially caught my eye as it obviously depicts friends dining at an italian trattoria (less formal than a ristorante) and their mischievous and somewhat startling looks make it seem like they feel slightly interrupted in their affairs. I thought to myself: "cool, the lady is wearing a napkin on her head." :-) 

But what a luxury to have access to these magnificent pieces - and oh yes, the custodians are super nice and very informal - they chatted humorously and helped me find my way around.  

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar