5. feb. 2014

Fredensborg Castle

Last week we got plenty of snow and low temperatures to go with it. I found myself in northern zealand during the weekend, Fredensborg to be exact, which is where our Queen Margrethe II has her summer residence. It looked very pretty covered in white and I think this may be her favourite castle of all the castles she owns - but hey, who wouldn't love a cosy little shack like this? :-)

I talked to some people in the charming little town and they told me that seeing the royal family during the summer is a normal thing which, to the town's people, exudes an atmosphere of something very comforting and traditional. Maybe that's why the royal family is so popular - they are subdued but still strong personifications of all the values appreciated here. 





Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar