27. okt. 2014

A Red Coat

One thing I love about the movie "Breakfast at Tiffany's" is (of course) Holly's simple and sophisticated wardrobe designed by Hubert de Givenchy. Where most people rave about the black floor length dress she wears in the opening scene, I've always had my eye on the red coat with the quarter length sleeves. Holly Golightly wears it on her day out with Paul Varjak

I had the pleasure of seeing the coat in real life when I travelled to Rome in the fall of 2011 to see the exhibit "Audrey A Roma" curated by her son Luca Dotti.



With that coat in the back of my mind (minus Givenchy, unfortunately) I've been looking for something along that line for ages and now I finally have a red coat of my own. Late summer I noticed it at COS and promised myself I would snap it up when it came on sale. It has three quarter length sleeves, perfect fit and colour. 


Picture credit: me and www.cosstores.com/dk

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar