27. jun. 2014

Summer Rain



Yesterday Copenhagen experienced summer rain like I haven't seen in a very long time. I had my windows open (immensely enjoying the sound reminding me of the tramps of tiny hoofs) while doing what I always do: drink coffee and read books work very hard - but suddenly realized that my floor had gotten completely soaking wet. This was not a drizzle and traffic chaos also occurred later. 

Anyhow, I love summer rain and since poets describe moods so well I'll let Henry Wadsworth Longfellow close with a perfect description of yesterday's atmosphere: 


Rain in Summer


How beautiful is the rain!
After the dust and heat,
In the broad and fiery street,
In the narrow lane,
How beautiful is the rain!

How it clatters along the roofs,
Like the tramp of hoofs
How it gushes and struggles out
From the throat of the overflowing sprout!

Across the window-pane
It pours and pours;
And swift and wide,
With a muddy tide,
Like a river down the gutter roars
The rain, the welcome rain!

1 kommentar:

  1. i love this!! I could frame it and put on my wall and everytime im feeling blue i would look that and love it.

    SvarSlet