27. feb. 2015

On My Way to the Train Station



About a week ago I took the train to the island of Funen (Fyn) to visit my oldest friend Nina. We met each other when we lived in a refugee camp called Hestehaven (no, don't ask but I am smiling broadly while writing this..) during our university years - later on we both moved into a dormitory :-) The last time I saw Nina was before my Big Trip so I was really excited to see her again and to catch up. Spending time with someone who knows you well, where things don't have to be explained, where you start where you left off - that's just the best. 

When I left Copenhagen it was grey and rainy. I left early so I could take a few pictures on my way to the train station and I find it pretty cool that in today's busy world you can still walk around Copenhagen in the wee morning hours and have the city completely to yourself. I like walking through Christiansborg, the Danish parliament building, and when passing the riding tracks I ran into a horse! :-)








While enjoying brunch at Café Biografen in Odense it started to snow big fluffy snow flakes. From the outside you'd see two girls, laughing, talking, gesticulating and eating up a storm. We ended the day at Nelle's Coffee and Wine and it was actually nice to see my old town again - but best of all, of course, was seeing Nina.  



 

1 kommentar: