19. okt. 2015

Chicago in Colour



Whenever I visit Wisconsin I always make a point of going to Chicago. I love that city, the architecture, the ambience and the fact that you can rent bikes and see the city at your own pace and leisure. I am also a sucker for Garrett's popcorn and a good steak - and while writing this I feel slightly crazy for suddenly craving that so much

But the highlight was spending time with Gabsen who was an exchange student with my family the year I was an exchange student in the US. This is many years ago now but time is a funny thing - especially when you feel nothing has changed. It was so joyful to lunch with him, laughing and chatting back and forth in English and Danish. I got a kick out of the waiters who look puzzled at Gabsen when he switched back and forth in languages and it's impressive that after 22 years he's still practically fluent in Danish. 


I took bunch of black and white photos of the city, too. They'll be up tomorrow. Enjoy!!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar