12. jun. 2015

Two Cute Shops

It's always a pleasure to discover new shops on Christianshavn (like this new nostalgia shop) and also to pass old favourites like my flower shop Pigen og Blomsten (The Girl and the Flower)


The little "blue" nostalgia shop probably has a name which I haven't figured out yet because my eyes always catch the window displays of knitted ponchos and cool sweaters and also the little push cart with flowers. I still need to go inside but it looks promising with gadgets and knick knacks. 


My favourite flower shop is always overflowing with colours and I just love it so and have to mention its owner Lisser who is as nice and sweet as can be. I buy all my plants there and wish I had a balcony so I could add more. I did a post on Pigen og Blomsten here

These shops are located on the cobbled stone street Overgaden Oven Vandet which consists of private homes except for The Royal Danish Naval Museum (Orlogsmuseet) so I think these boutiques, with tons of personality and charm, are such positive additions.

PS I visited the Orlogsmuseum in March and it's super interesting. The navy is a big part of the Danish identity and you can even dress up like the Norwegian naval hero Peter Tordenskjold (Thunder Shield) which I did, of course :-) I have to say that his long black locks didn't suit me but his red wool uniform made up for it. He was killed in duel in 1720 at the age of 30. In Denmark and Norway he is among the most famous national naval heroes and today his picture adorns our matchboxes. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar