3. sep. 2014

The Søborg Chair by Børge Mogensen

My chairs arrived today and I am writing this with excitement because not only have I lived here for a year without any decent sitting arrangements (sorry family and friends!!) but also searched for just the right chair and design to fit my personality and decor. I am a big advocate for quality over quantity and investment pieces which will last a lifetime. Also, living in Copenhagen means lack of space so it's paramount to find the right furniture so you don't feel crammed. 

What keeps amazing me about Danish furniture design is that each piece is like artwork. They don't need particular surroundings but can fully stand on their own and fill out a room. 

My chairs are the Søborg chair designed in 1952 by Børge Mogensen.


2 kommentarer:

  1. Ej, altså Marianne, den stol er bare noget af det fineste!!!!

    SvarSlet
  2. Tak, Mette. Jeg er også så utrolig glade for dem og man sidder fantastisk - der er plads til rumpe og lår og god hold i lænden. Ventetiden har været lang (et år uden ordentlig stole), men nu er jeg glad for jeg holdt ud, for glæden over dem er bare endnu større.

    SvarSlet