31. jul. 2014

Olive Oil Cake


Temperatures have dropped (for those not knowing we've had a serious heat wave in Copenhagen and the rest of Denmark, I assume) so today I actually enjoy staying indoors curling up reading Kinfolk and contemplating the end of summer. I know august is still ahead but when people start returning from vacation I always feel fall is just around the corner.

Today I got inspired to bake the famous Olive Oil Cake. Photographer Alice Gao shares her recipe here so of course I decided to make another one, ha! Mostly because I have a hard time with the conversions so I think it's time the entire world converted to the metric system. Anyway, it's very simple and easy to make and I also just used the olive oil on hand since I was too lazy to make a store run.

The result is very good especially after it cooled down. The taste of olive oil is there but not in an overwhelming way and I like the sudden taste of tiny flakes of salt. Next time I will probably add a little more olive oil, less sugar and bake it a tad longer so the crust gets darker. For coffee lovers, such as myself, know that it goes terrifically well with a strong cup of mocha.


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar