4. maj 2014

Happy Birthday Audrey!


The very lovely Audrey Hepburn would have turned 85 today. Those who know me well also know that I've had a soft spot for everything "Old Hollywood" since I was a little girl. On Sundays I would watch the 4 o'clock matinée with my parents and the first movie I remember seeing was "Roman Holiday." The story line and the Hollywood universe impressed me so that I recorded the experience in my journal. I was 9 years old!! So today it's only right to raise a glass for this lady extraordinaire who bedazzled us with her looks, style and kindness. 

As someone who likes to travel to see exhibits featuring certain Hollywood ladies I had the pleasure of seeing two exhibits about Audrey Hepburn in respectively Berlin (2009) and Rome (2011) curated by her sons Sean and Luca Ferrer which made them very personal and touching. It was a joy to get a peek inside her life and see her personal belongings alongside her Givenchy creations which have become legends on their own (red coat and black dresses from Breakfast at Tiffany's, mod dresses from the 60ties, large sunglasses etc.) You weren't supposed to take pictures - so of course I did! :-)

She lived an extraordinary life, though way too short, and she was the epitome of class that you rarely see today. 


 

Poster for the exhibit "Audrey in Rome" 2011



Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar