14. apr. 2014

Chanel Les Beiges no. 30

I've long been a fan of bronzer and for someone who likes simplicity and also have simple make-up routines adding some bronzer after applying my moisturizer has always done the trick. I've tried different bronzers over the years but Chanel has become my favourite. Yesterday, I went to stock up on this important piece and was surprised to find that my Soleil Tan de Chanel no. 62 Terre Epice has been discontinued. I needed to lie down quickly and Chanel isn't the worst place to do that.

Anyway, the very chic sales lady showed me Chanel's new line of powders Les Beiges which actually were a Fall 2013 release but since it's no secret I'm often the last to the party I, of course, had no idea that this swap had taken place.


Alas, out with the old...
The packaging (if you enjoy visual things like me) deserves a little more attention. It's still the classic compact shape but instead of black and white, it's now an elegant off-white with an almost lacquered shine. It looks extremely elegant. The inside contains a brush separated from the powder by a thin but sturdy piece of plastic. I like this set-up, as it does keep the mirror, brush and make-up clean. 

Chanel Les Beiges Powder is designed to give your complexion a sheer, healthy glow, without looking too bronzy or unnatural and it's now part of Chanel's permanent collection. It comes in 7 luminous shades and the sales lady picked the no. 30 for my skin tone. I will most likely add no. 40 in the summer when I get tanned as I do that quite easily. 

According to an article in Eurowoman from April 2013 Chanel's head of make-up Peter Philips wanted to create an easy go-to-powder: "I travel extensively, listen and talk to many women and sensed that there is a huge demand for quick fix products. Women want to look their best in no time and it has to be easy. A lot of women like the way they look when they return from vacation tanned and only need a dash of bronzer. My aim was to create a powder which gives the same glow as a bronzer but without the tan. You can use this one year round."*

*(Quoted from the interview by Sara Rostrup, Eurowoman, April 2013.)


Yes, it still comes with the trademark black velvet pouch
...and in with the new!



Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar